Tuesday, August 16, 2011

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DESIGNER JEFFREY ALAN MARKS, PART 2

The Press loves him, the industry respects him, and the public admires him, oh ..and then there's his clients, well they adore him! Jeffrey Marks is doing spectacular work in the design industry and in the process he has put his touch on just about every facet of creative design. He has a line of custom furniture (available through A Rudin Showrooms across the US), a new custom lighting line in the works, and also a coffee table book that is to be released in early 2012. As you can see (and lucky for us) Marks' is making available his passion and fantastic eye for design in a multitude of different avenues. Even with all of these projects he still manages to make time to star in a tv show and enjoy an active role as part of the social scene in California. Impressive, to say the least! Well here is part 2 loaded with more juicy secrets from Jeffrey.. Indulge!



The Interview, Part 2


M+P: What is the secret to juggling it all? Filming, working on projects, everyday life.
JAM: List! I work from 7am-6pm six days a week. When I take vacations I completely shut down ... But I cant help myself not to search out local Antiques shops wherever I am. Filming is like a whole other job! The trick is to treat it like a design job and put my own spin on it.


M+P: So how did you fall into doing Million Dollar Dectorators? What is it like being filmed while working?
JAM: The producers saw Kathryn and I at a party and how much fun we were having. From there she brought Martyn on, and I asked Mary. We are all good friends. ... Sometimes...


M+P: What projects do you enjoy more, residential or commercial and why?
JAM: I love the absolute details in Residential. I can spend hours on a table I am designing for a dining room and my clients trust me to do so. Commercial is fun because everyone can see the space I created. The budget is always far less but its always a fun hangout!


M+P: When you are given a blank slate where do you start?
JAM: The Floor, the windows

[All Images via JAM Inc.]

M+P: What would you say are the most important elements of successful design?
JAM: Consistency! And by all means a sense of humor!



To say thank you to Jeffrey for this special interview would be an understatement. Taking time out of his outrageously busy schedule to give me all the details was beyond wonderful of him. I have to say while putting this feature together and working with him I certainly was taken back at how down to earth and friendly he is. Such an amazing designer but also a truly lovely person. He is absolutely worth following and keeping an eager eye out for his work. I hope you enjoyed this and much as I enjoyed putting it together!



Aloha!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...